Position Title:Executive Director
HarassMap (www.harassmap.org) is an award winning volunteer-based initiative founded in late 2010. It is based on the idea that if more people start taking action when sexual harassment happens in their presence, we can end this epidemic.
Mission: To engage all of Egyptian society to create an environment that does not tolerate sexual harassment. We work to achieve our mission by convincing bystanders and institutions to stand up to sexual harassment before or when they see it happen. This way, by taking a collective stand against sexual harassment, we as a society can create social and legal consequences that discourage harassing behaviour and seriously reduce it.
Vision: To build a society that guarantees the safety of all people from sexual and gender based violence.
Job Title: Executive Director
Position Location: Cairo, Egypt
Position Duration: 5 years (starting with a 1 year contract with possibility of extension and 6 month trial period)
The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors. The primary responsibility being strategic planning, cultivating. maintaining and maximizing HarassMap’s fundraising and strategic partnerships, in addition to managing the organization’s staff and ensuring smooth operations on a day-to-day basis.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Partnerships and Fundraising:
● Build strategic partnerships for HarassMap, delegating to the appropriate units.
● Build new partnerships with donors and cultivate old donor relations.
● Write donor proposals and reports.
● Liaise with HarassMap’s donors and act as a liaison between donors, board and staff.
● Mobilize financial and other resources needed in order to meet HarassMap’s strategic goals.
● Manage the timely delivery of high quality reports.
● Represent HarassMap in conferences, professional associations, and other public events.
Strategic Planning and Management
● Manage HarassMap’s programmatic staff
● Cultivate a positive and collaborative team environment.
● Supervise and approve strategic plans and budgets for all units.
● Support units activities by attending events and activities when needed.
● Manage the monitoring and evaluation of all programs.
● Revise and approve all research reports.
● Revise and approve outgoing content from all units.
Admin, HR and finance
● Supervise all admin and finance staff.
● Oversee finances on a daily basis.
● Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial reports.
● Manage HarassMap’s bank accounts.
● Oversee HarassMap’s books and ensure accuracy and efficiency on a daily basis.
● Guide and support staff members in the hiring process and give final approval on all hiring.
● Identify staff needs and manage incentive systems, promotions and any needed team building and wellbeing activities.
● Fulfill required duties as treasurer such as sign checks.
● Supervise relations with the Ministry of Social Solidarity.
● Attend mandatory board meetings and present the updates to the board.
● Liaise between the board and the staff.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
1. Strong commitment to HarassMap’s mission, goals and values
2. 5+ distinguished years in a senior management position in a non profit organization, foundation, or company in Egypt
3. Advanced degree from a leading university
4. Proven success in building and maintaining partnerships
5. Track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles
6. Delivers against timelines
7. Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
8. Proven ability to work with creativity, efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
9. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
10. Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering
11. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential in Arabic and English
12. Transparent, direct, self-starter, self disciplined
13. Remain focused in the face of pressure, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
To Apply send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]
**Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.